3:00 PM – 05:00 PM
– ADDRESS WILL BE SENT THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE EVENT,
Laytonsville, MD 20882
This presentation is for anyone who is interested in learning more about Hero Dogs, whether as a potential applicant, volunteer, donor, or other supporter.
Would you like to learn more about Hero Dogs? Are you interested in volunteering*? Are you a veteran or first-responder who may be interested in applying to receive a service dog?
The first hour of the presentation will include:
- Mission and background of Hero Dogs,
- Overview of Hero Dogs programs,
- Live demonstration of service dog skills, and
- Outline of volunteer opportunities
Then we will break for a tour of the facility. Those interested in applying for a service dog, their family members and other advocates, and anyone interested in learning more about partnering with a service dog should plan to stay for the second half of the presentation which will include:
- The Hero Dogs application process
- Team training
- Living with a service dog
- Q & A
*All Hero Dogs volunteers and potential volunteers should attend this session at least once. This is also a great event for youth groups to attend to learn about service dogs.
Please note: directions to the facility will be e-mailed on the Friday before the event to those who have registered.