The easiest way to find gifts that we need is to visit our Amazon Wish List. Gift cards to pet stores (Bark!, PetSmart, Petco/Unleashed, Pet Valu), home improvement stores (Home Depot, Lowes), department stores (Target, Walmart), and grocery stores (Giant, Safeway, Harris Teeter, Weis, Wegmans, Whole Foods) are always welcome and help us get what we need most, when we need it, without having to worry about storage. Plus, using gift cards gives the dogs in training an outing to go shopping!
If you would like to collect supplies to donate to Hero Dogs, please use the following list to guide you. If a brand is specified, please get that brand (believe us, we have tried them all!). Please do contact us at email@example.com to ask if we can use the items before collecting or bringing anything which is not on this list, as we have very limited storage space!
- paper towels
- toilet paper
- re-sealable sandwich bags
- gallon-size re-sealable bags
- 8 or 12 oz. hot beverage cups
- KONG Extreme KONG Dog Toy, X-Large, Black
- KONG Classic KONG Dog Toy, X-Large, Red
- dog waste pick-up bags
- FURminator Large Long Hair Dog deShedding Tool
- FURminator Large Short Hair Dog deShedding Tool
- canned plain pumpkin
- Stella & Chewy’s freeze-dried dog treats
- PureBites freeze-dried dog treats
- cosmetic-type cotton squares/circles (not cotton balls)
- Zymox brand ear cleanser
- Petrodex enzymatic toothpaste, dog, poultry flavor
- 42″ folding wire dog crates, new or gently used
- bleach wipes
- environmentally friendly h.e. laundry detergent
- heavy-duty 33-gal. black trash bags
- Oreck commercial XL vacuum cleaner bags
- Simple Solution brand stain and odor remover
- #10 security envelopes
- #9 security envelopes
- 8.5″ x 11″ copy/print paper, 92 bright white, 20 lb.
- 8.5″ x 11″ card stock, 96 bright white, 110 lb.
- Forever postage stamps
Please do not bring the following types of items, as we will not be able to use them:
- NO dog food
- NO dog treats (other than those specifically listed above)
- NO edible dog chews of any kind
- NO dog toys (other than those specifically listed above)
- NO bedding of any kind
- Please, NO airline-style crates, non-folding crates, or wire crates of sizes other than 42″.
Download a PDF of this list.
Return to Ways to Give
Your gift, pooled with other support, will help us provide service dogs and other highly skilled canines to America’s heroes. Funds donated to a specific dog may be utilized to support general program needs.
Hero Dogs, Inc. is recognized as a tax exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to Hero Dogs are deductible under section 170 of the Code. A copy of our current financial statement is available on request by contacting Hero Dogs, Inc. at P.O. Box 64, Brookeville, MD 20833-0064. Documents and information submitted to the State of Maryland under the Maryland Charitable Solicitations Act are available from the Office of the Secretary of State for the cost of copying and postage.